Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back to School Outfit Lookbook


So, it's that time of year again! Back to school can either be exciting with buying new clothes and supplies or it can be a bit of a bummer with summer ending and school work in your future. My feelings are mixed about starting classes again, but something that makes me pumped about going back to college is planning new outfits to wear! I have put together five outfits, Monday through Friday, to spark some inspiration for your first week back to school. So put on your most fashionable thinking cap and let's get started!

1. Monday Outfit, First Day Back
Top: Forever 21, Lace Cami: Aeropostale, Leggings: Old Navy, Flats: Payless, Rings: Forever 21

This is a great first day of school outfit because it's dressy without being over the top, plus super comfy! I love how flowy the shirt is and the pink and white pattern is adorable with the gold buttons. It is also flattering since it cinches at the waist, so it gives the illusion of curves. I am also obsessed with these gold rings! The arrows are so cute and adds a little something to the outfit.

2. Tuesday Outfit, Casual and Cute
Top: Forever 21, Jeans: American Eagle, Owl Ring: Forever 21, Sandals: American Eagle

How cute is the bow cut out in the back of this shirt! It takes a basic polka dot shirt and makes it special. This coral-pink color is starting to take over my closet, I just love how it looks with my fair skin. These American Eagle jeggings are something every girl needs in her wardrobe. When I hear the term "jegging" it makes me cringe because an image of those super elastic unflattering pants pop into my head. And nothing is more disappointing than trying to stick something into your pocket and finding out it's a fake pocket! But these jeggings are amazing! They are still thick like American Eagle skinny jeans but are just stretchy enough to make them way more comfortable. And I got them on sale! Score! By the way, isn't this lose fishtail braid adorable! My sister Carol did it for me, along with take all these pictures. Thanks sis!

3. Wednesday Outfit, Girly Polka Dots
Dress: H&M, Flats: Payless

What I love about this outfit is that it's so simple, just throw on a cute dress and some flats to go with it and you're out the door! Dresses are the best secret to looking stylish because you don't have to focus on pairing different pieces together and layering like you would with tops and bottoms, all the work is already done for you! This dress is great because when it starts to get colder I can just throw on a colorful cardigan, some tights and cute boots so I can transition it from summer to fall and winter.

Thursday Outfit, School to Work
Top: American Eagle, Cami: Aeropostale, Jeans: American Eagle, Wedges: Payless, Watch: New York and Company, Bag: Nine West

As many of you know, I work at TJ Maxx and some days I have to go directly from school to work. I can't wear blue jeans to work so I have to plan my outfit a little differently for these days. I just love these high rise black jeans because they are so versatile; I can either tuck in my blouse for a more put-together look or I can be more casual by leaving my top untucked. I like both, just depends on my mood. Flowy button-down tops are my addiction lately, they go with so many different outfits! I paired this look with wedges, but if I want to be more comfortable I can just switch them out with flats or boots.

Friday Outfit, Comfy Day
Top: Forever 21, Shorts: Aeropostale, Boots: Payless, Bag: Vera Bradley

By Fridays, I am so exhausted! But no fear, you can still look cute despite lack of sleep and a million assignments due! For days when you don't have a lot of time to get ready and just want to be comfortable, wear your favorite sweatshirt and shorts! And instead of putting on the usual sneakers, try some cute booties! It gives your outfit some edge and looks like you tried way harder than you actually did. My school bag is the Metropolitan bag from Vera Bradley and I love it! I'm not a huge fan of Vera Bradley prints but I liked this one and it's so convenient with compartments for everything I need. If you are looking for a new school bag, I definitely recommend this one.

And this concludes by back to school lookbook! What are you going to wear for the first day of school? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment