Saturday, August 31, 2013

Revlon Lip Butters Collection

Left to Right: Cherry Tarte, Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, Pink Lemonade, Lollipop, and Wild Watermelon

Revlon Lip Butters are one of my holy grail makeup items, and for good reason! I never used to be much of a lip product girl, but these changed my whole view. Lip Butters are in between a lip balm and a lipstick, which is the best of both worlds in my opinion! They are moisturizing and smooth like a lip balm but have the color payoff close to a lipstick. I love the names of these lip butters because they are all sweets! Since these are not quite a lipstick, the lasting power isn't as long, but they are easy to reapply throughout the day and usually don't even need a mirror! I think these are perfect for anyone in school because you can get a great wash of color without having to worry about being as exact as you have to be with lipstick. Just throw one of these in your makeup bag and reapply as needed throughout your school day. Since school may cut down the time you have to get ready in the morning, a cute lip color can transform your look (and make you look like you put in more effort than you did)!

Cherry Tarte

Cherry Tarte is a dark red color with some fine glitter. This is great for fall and winter and is very pigmented. I would pair this with some winged eyeliner for a classic look, but keep the rest of the makeup simple to let the lips shine!

Creme Brulee

This is a great everyday neutral. Creme Brulee would be great with a dramatic eye look so the eyes can be the focus and not the lips. Some neutrals can make me look washed out but this doesn't take the life out of my face. The best way I can describe this lip butter is a light caramel color that would go with lots of different skin tones. Whenever I look at my lips after I put this on, I imagine I just drank a caramel latte :P

Lollipop

Lollipop is a bright fuchsia with a lot of glitter. I am not usually a fan of glitter in lip products but this makes the color even more fun! This product would be great for summer nights and definitely would spice up a plain makeup look.

Pink Lemonade

This is a sheer lip butter. It's one of those products that makes your lips look natural but amazing! It is a soft pink that goes with any makeup look or outfit. I love to keep this in my bag all the time and whenever I want a sheer wash of color, I go for Pink Lemonade.

Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Cupcake is probably my favorite Revlon Lip Butter. It's a pigmented light pink that is so girly and cute! This was one of the first lip butters that I bought (thank God I did) and triggered my love for this collection.

Wild Watermelon

The name describes this color perfectly! Wild Watermelon is a bright red, no glitter. It's a great summer lip color and is so fun to wear. This, along with Pink Lemonade, were just added to the collection this summer and I'm glad they came out with this!

Top to Bottom: Wild Watermelon, Lollipop, Strawberry Shortcake, Creme Brulee, Pink Lemonade, and Cherry Tarte

Have you guys ever tried the Revlon Lip Butters? Tell me which ones below!

No comments:

Post a Comment