Monday, January 6, 2014

Top 13 Beauty Products of 2013

Another year has come and gone and 2013 left me with lots of beauty products that I love! So today I am sharing with you 13 products that I used the most this year in no particular order. Here they are!

1. Bath and Body Works Body Spray and Body Cream
It's no secret I love Bath and Body Works and I've been using the body sprays and body cream all year long in a variety of scents, but Pink Chiffon has to be my favorite. It smells so sweet and girly and is perfect for the summer time. I love the body creams because they are super moisturizing but not greasy.

 2. Batiste Dry Shampoo

This dry shampoo has been my savior over the past year. I've been growing out my hair and it's very important not to over wash long hair so it doesn't dry out and become brittle, so using this between washes has kept oil at bay and gives me voluminous, clean roots. Plus, it has a great scent!

3. Cerave Lotions
These are my holy grail face lotions. I use the moisturizing lotion as my day lotion and it moisturizes without making my face oily and settles into my skin very quickly. It's quite a light lotion. I use the cream at night, which is thicker and more moisturizing but it still does not make me greasy. I have oily skin and finding a great lotion can be difficult, but these are the best!

 4. Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
This has been the mascara I've used most of the year and it's been one of the best I have ever used! It's definitely more of a lengthening mascara, but there are absolutely no clumps. One coat gives my lashes a natural boost but more coats lengthen and thicken my lashes to give a glam look. Overall, this is definitely a no fail drugstore mascara!

5. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige

This is one of the most important products in my beauty routine and the most useful! This cream shadow can either be a base for powder shadows or it can just be worn alone. It just brightens up my eyes in the morning and it even looks great on my inner corners. The unfortunate thing is this was a limited edition product but they have a similar one in the permanent collection. I don't know what I'm going to do when I use this all up!

 6. Remington Curling Wand
Curly hair is my favorite look and this hands down is the best curling wand out there, and it's at such a good price too! When I use this my curls do not fall and it's super quick to curl all of my hair. Even if you have pin straight hair that cannot hold a curl, try this! I swear, it will change your life!

7. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

I use this brush to put on my foundation and it's such a great brush for the low price. It blends my foundation to give me a flawless finish and I definitely recommend it to everyone along with all the other Real Technique brushes!
8. Rose Salve from Bath and Body Works

I use this every night before I go to bed and it makes my lips so soft and heals them in the harshest winter months. Plus it has the most lovely rose scent!

9. Malibu Hard Water Treatment
At my house I have well water which is considered "hard water" because it has a lot of minerals in it. The minerals build up on my hair and gives it a brassy tone, but this treatment rids of the minerals and the brassy color. I usually leave it on 20 to 30 minutes in a shower cap and I rinse it out then proceed with shampooing and conditioning my hair. It leaves my hair so soft and looking incredibly healthy!

 10. Urban Decay's Naked Palette 2
It's no surprise that this has ended up in my yearly favorites because I love my Naked 2 Palette! I can create any look with this: day, night, smokey, natural, the list goes on and on. Urban Decay shadows are the best quality shadows I have ever tried and their Naked Palettes are a huge hit among the beauty community. They do not fade throughout the day and have great pigmentation. Believe me when I say this is worth the money, and if you are thinking about getting it you totally should!

11. Revlon Colorstay Foundation
This is a great medium to high coverage foundation that gives a flawless finish. I've never found a foundation that makes my skin look as amazing as this does. There are different versions of this, one for oily/combo skin and one for dry skin so it provides something for everyone. This is another highly popular beauty product that definitely lives up to the hype.

12. NYX Blush in Pinched
This is my most used blush this year and it just gives me the most beautiful glow! This is such a pretty coral-pink color with golden shimmer and is particularly beautiful in the summer, but is wonderful for all year round.


13. Tangle Teezer
Last, but not least, is the Tangle Teezer. Combined with my Aussie leave-in conditioner this combs through my wet tangly hair with ease. It took a little while to get used to a brush with no handle, but now I do not use anything else! If you suffer from tangly, unmanageable hair especially when it's wet, try this!

And those are my yearly beauty favorites! What were your favorites of 2013? Leave a comment below. And I hope you all have an amazing 2014 with tons of great beauty products discoveries!

No comments:

Post a Comment