Friday, February 7, 2014

January Favorites

Hey guys! I just wanted to make a short post about what I was loving throughout January which includes some beauty products, food, clothes, and music!

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, Paris Amour Body Butter, Aeropostale hair ties, Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara Waterproof, Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Whenever I take a bath I love to use a mask since I have the time to let it work in on my face. The Mint Julep Masque has been my go-to mask throughout January and it's been really great. It's a mask that hardens and dries then you rinse it off. It is especially great for pimples because it helps dry them out. For dry skin the Paris Amour body butter from Bath and Body Works has been a dream. It is so moisturizing and I just love using it after I shower before I go to bed so it can soak into my skin overnight. Plus, it smells like girly heaven!

I have a new found love with these hair ties, which do not leave dents in your hair and is very gentle, not to mention they are adorable! I got these cute pink ones from Aeropostale and I love using them when lounging around the house for no fuss hair days. They are also great when you want your hair out of your face while sleeping because it's not going to pull your hair out or damage it.

Maybelline's The Rocket mascara is definitely one of my top mascaras ever! It is absolutely amazing because it is lengthening but still provides plenty of volume. Plus it doesn't clump or flake! By the way, it's the water proof version because I never get the normal versions of mascaras. I have oily skin and even waterproof mascaras tend to run. But if you are in the market for a new mascara, try out this one! And last but not least for my beauty products, I've been in love with my Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay. The palette is centered around rose neutrals and the shadows are absolutely gorgeous. This palette is definitely unique and at first I was a little hesitant since the colors have pink undertones, but they work even on my fair skin tone with blue eyes! A more detailed post about this palette will be up soon!

Simply Balanced Fruit Strips Pomegranate and Celestial Seasonings Peppermint Tea

I picked up these fruit snacks from Target and they are amazing! I love pomegranates and there's no other way to describe these fruit strips besides super yummy! I always find that I can never only eat one... :) At the beginning of January I was sick for nine days- NINE DAYS! My throat was sore and swollen, my nosy was runny and stuffy, and of course I had an unbearable cough. Peppermint tea was my savior to help with my cough, which would always be the worst before I went to sleep. To keep a liquid coating on my throat and soothe it I would drink a cup of peppermint tea right before bed and it was my savior. Also, lemon honey hot water helped my throat a bunch! They made being sick a little less awful.

 Jacket: Aeropostale, Scarf: Walmart, Mittens: Isotoner, Hat: Forever 21

My last favorite for January is my winter gear! As you are most certainly aware, this winter has been freezing and snowy and having good winter gear is a must! This jacket is amazing because it is so warm and I just adore the bright red color. The white scarf looks great against the red; it's such a great combination. The mittens are so fuzzy on the inside and they keep my hands warm even on the chilliest of days. And finally, I love this hat from Forever 21. It is nice and thick which keeps any winter wind from freezing my ears.

And those are my January favorites! What did you love in January? Comment below! And get ready for some Valentine's Day posts this week!

1 comment:

  1. I love the simply balanced fruit strips!!!! The little fruit snack ones are great too. The whole Simpy Balanced line at Walmart is really good. The Aldi's near me has a line that is similar. It's called Simply Nature. It's all natural and sometimes organic.

    ReplyDelete