Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Valentine's Day Inspired Hair and Makeup

I am so excited about this post guys! Today, I have for you a Valentine's Day inspired look that incorporates some girly curls and a purple smokey eye. Let's get started!

For my hair I am using my Remington curling want which is 3/4 of an inch to an inch along with my Tresemme heat protectant and Indie Hair hairspray.

Going left to right, top to bottom: First, I parted my hair to leave down the bottom third and then I curled it using the 410 degree setting. I was only holding it for 5 seconds, which is important because if you are using a curling wand, or any hot tool for that matter, you do not want to scorch your hair. Then I took down another third of my hair and curled that, then finally curled the top third. I find that parting my hair into smaller sections and curling about an inch sections works best to create curls that last. I like to "fluff" my hair as I put in the hairspray so my hair is still soft and not crunchy with hairspray overload.

These are the products I use for my general face makeup, not focusing on the eyes yet.

I always use my Cerave Moisturizing Lotion for my day face moisturizer. It's hydrating but doesn't make my skin oily, which is great because I have super oily skin!

I use L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base as my primer, which creates a smooth base for my foundation. This base also helps my foundation last longer.

For a more flawless look I use my Revlon Colorstay foundation which is a medium to high coverage foundation. This version is for oily skin so it helps my face stay matte throughout the day. I also use my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply this foundation.

I use Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to keep shine at bay and I love using the Ecotool's Kabuki brush since it picks up the perfect amount of powder. It avoids making my face look cakey.

For concealing blemishes I use Maybelline's Fit Me concealer and for under eye darkness I use Maybelline's Lumi Touch Highlighting concealer.

These are the brushes I will use for my eye look. Going left to right: Ecotools Shade Brush for the inner corner highlight, Ecotools Crease Brush for base and crease shade, Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush for blending, Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush for shadow liner.


I use Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Barely Beige as the base so the powder shadows I add on top will not crease and will last longer throughout the day.

I'm using Stila's Impressionist Palette to create my smokey purple shadow look. This was a gift from my sister, Amberlee!


1. "Pastel"-All over lid
2. "Vision"-Crease
3. "Canvas"-Inner Corner Highlight
4. "Parisian Pink"- Blush

I'm using Busted from my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette for eyeliner.

I'm using Maybelline's The Rocket mascara which is lengthening mascara but also adds some volume.

I love this ELF complexion blush to apply blush. It's so soft!


Going left to right, top to bottom: I used the cream shadow as the base, then I applied the shimmery purple all over the lid (shadow 1). Next, I applied the dark purple shadow in the crease (shadow 2). I  blended out the edges around the crease and added Busted as my eyeliner. Then I curled my lashes and applied my mascara. I finished the eye look off with applying the highlight shadow in my inner corners (shadow 3).


I then added the blush, which was hard to photograph. Next, I applied my Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee, which is basically a neutral lip color. If you want to see this lip butter along with all my other Revlon Lip Butters, check out a past post I did in August!


Overall, this look is smokey but soft, which makes it versatile. It can work for many occasions! Plus, purple eye shadows are just gorgeous, especially the ones in this palette! Hope you all enjoyed this look!

No comments:

Post a Comment