Monday, March 24, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie!

Today I am sharing with you my favorite post workout snack- my peanut butter banana smoothie! I love it because it's filling without making me feel weighed down after my workout. It's also really hydrating and super easy to make! The blender I use is less than 20 bucks and is perfect for single servings. It's the Hamilton Single Serve Blender With Travel Lid if you're interested.

 Ingredients: 
5-6 Ice cubes depending on the size
 1/2 Cup of milk
(I'm lactose intolerant so I use lactose free milk but you can use any milk you like)
You can also substitute part of the milk for greek yogurt for more protein, I'm just not a big fan of the plain greek yogurt taste
1 Banana - the more ripe the better
About a half of spoonful of peanut butter- adjust to preference

I usually put 3 ice cubes to start with then blend with all the ingredients. After the first blend I add the rest of the ice cubes since my blender gets overfilled with too many ice cubes at once.

And that's it! Enjoy!

1 comment: