Thursday, April 3, 2014

Look of the Day: Simple Makeup and a Fishtail Braid


In my March favorites post I talked about how I've been rocking the simple makeup look and here it is! Honestly, I've had so much going on that I don't have a lot of time to do my makeup, but I also like this fresh faced look. I just put on some light to medium coverage foundation, set it with powder, curl my lashes and use mascara, then throw on a little blush and I'm ready to go! No time for eyeliner here! I think there's definitely something to be said about fresh face makeup. Everyone needs to take a break from the heavy foundation and harsh eyeliner every so often. It's refreshing! Also, when I'm on my way to wherever I have to be I throw on my Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Wink and it goes with EVERYTHING!


This is the same H&M top I wore in my outfit of the day post, but here I am wearing it a bit differently. I buttoned up the top to emphasize the collar and wrapped a long necklace around a few times. I believe I got this necklace from Fashion Bug when it was closing years ago. I'm surprised it hasn't tarnished! The necklace gives a hint of an edgy vibe to the look.


And we can't forget the fishtail braid! I didn't get a good angle of the hairstyle but I love messy fishtail braids, especially for summer time! I'm planning on doing a series of posts about easy summer hairstyles in the next coming months. Also, if you guys have any requests for posts comment below or leave them on my Facebook page! Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment